We would like to share with you one of our client success stories! A 20 year old, female client at Riverfront School and Career Center attended our ILP (Independent Living Program) and recently completed the Individual Account Program (a matched savings program). She currently works as a caregiver and is about to move into her own apartment. She saved $750 and ILP will match that with $1,500 so that she can purchase household items for her new apartment. She is also preparing to attend Lane Community College in the fall, taking general education classes with the intent of majoring in Criminal Justice.
Riverfront School & Career Center is an accredited alternative school, offering education and vocational training for at-risk and out-of-school youth, ages 11-21. Riverfront’s mission is to "guide and support youth in developing the knowledge, responsibility, and the social skills necessary for productive citizenship." Services provided by the Riverfront School & Career Center include:
• Comprehensive career and basic skill assessment.
• Basic skill instruction (reading, writing, and math).
• Academic instruction toward a high school diploma and GED instruction.
• Basic computer skills instruction.
• Work readiness skills training and job search assistance and placement.
• Vocational training and academic credit are available through the Lane-Metro Youth Corps (ages 14 to 24), Job Training Program (ages 14 to 21), Riverfront Café (ages 14 to 21), and Health Occupations Training (ages 16 to 21).
• Assistance with transportation, job search clothing, child care, and GED testing.
• Independent Living Program for youth in foster care.
If you have any questions about Riverfront, or any other services we offer, please feel free to reach out to us. We are a community resource.