Looking Glass’ Center Point School has found a creative way to keep students engaged, while showing off their talents! The students in this summer term’s Mural Painting class are beginning to create beautiful images and designs in our back hallway! This is going to be an on-going project in which students can share their talents while contributing to a positive school environment.
We will be sharing pictures in the weeks to come, so stay tuned!
A little bit about Center Point School, in case you are wondering:
This registered alternative school offers academic services in a therapeutic school environment for middle and high school aged youth with emotional, neurological, and/or behavioral issues. Highly trained, dedicated and caring professional staff offer expertise in mental health treatment, special education, and counseling. Services for families address trust, communication skills, conflict resolution, incentives and consequences for behavior, and relationship dynamics.
Services provided by Center Point include:
• Year round programming
• On-site, individualized education
• Social skill development in a therapeutic milieu
• Therapeutic recreation
• On-site therapist
• Family consultation and education
• Comprehensive mental health, psychosocial, and educational assessments
• Coordination and linkage to community supports, as needed
• Aftercare referrals
Services are designed for youth who:
• Have documented lack of progress over time in less restrictive educational settings
• Have experienced chronic school failure across multiple settings
• Are eligible for residential services and can adequately be served in the community with additional support
• Are returning to the community following residential treatment
As always, if you have any questions about this program, or other programs and services we offer, please feel free to reach out to us! We are a community resource.